Thursday, May 5, 2011

You'll look up and down streets. Look'em over with care... about some you will say, "I don't choose to go there."






Hope all is well for you all. We started classes today- last night McKenna and I stayed up late talking and laughing so this morning we slept in, and then went to class. They were good - except I was surprised at how much my prof. spoke in english - usually that is a big no no. Anyway- basically we had class for 5 hours and then Mckenna and I went and walked along the seine practicing our photography pictures. I think I got some good ones.




It was really fun. Then we walked home because we actually live right by the seine. Then the best part of the day was when we came home and had dinner. My prof. told us that french people are totally fine w/ nosy questions.. so I came home and went into the kitchen and started talking to her and telling her about my day and what I hand learned about. She seemed so pleased. Then at dinner I asked where she had lived as a child, why she liked living in the city, etc. Mckenna asked about the YUMMY carrots (they were so good) - apparently they were cooked w/ onions in a
pressure cooker w/ some salt, pepper, and a provoncale spice. (um... and yes in case you were wondering it took a long time for us to understand pressure cooker... w/ much acting and noises on the part of madame Des mazary. Well we continued to have really good fun conversations about different things while we had a really good dessert - a little gateau made of little couscous like things, w/ almond powder, raisin sec, and hint of orange. YUM YUM YUM. anyway after that she randomly asked if we beleived in miracles. So we got to talk to her about the diff. b/w saints and prophets, tell her we knew christ to be the son of God, and explain to her a bit about joseph smith. It was super cool! Anyway I feel like everyday I love her more and more!


No comments:

Post a Comment