Saturday, May 7, 2011

And when things start to happen, don't worry. Don't stew. Just go right along. You'll start happening too!



Chartres!






So we went to Chartres cathedral yesterday (on the train - which was fun) - it was so amazing! We had an awesome tour guide who is super famous because he has been giving tours for the last like 55 years! He taught us about some of the symbolism and art and history of the cathedral - it was fascinating! After the tour we walked around the beautiful old part of the town. We got lunch (I got a 3 cheese panini which was quite an adventure because of the super strong chevre.... wow - not my favorite cheese.


Then I tried my first macaroon (chocolate and passion fruit flavored - seriously one of the most delicious things I have tasted in my life!) The I ventured off on my own to try and find another cool church I had seen the steeple of.... I actually found to super old churches which were SOOO cool, and surprisingly large. Unfortunately I enjoyed myself a little too much and freaked out a bit when I couldn't find my way back to Chartres cathedral. I asked a lady for directions but was so flustered about the idea of missing the train that I called it a chateaux and felt super stupid when she corrected me, but she gave me directions and I made it back safe, sound and on time.
That night I went with a group of kids to their homes in the suburbs, we walked around the super nice houses and then watched part of a movie while we waited for some of them to finish their laundry. Then we were going to go out to dinner - but in the suburbs everything closes super early so in stead we took the train back to paris and ate some delicious greek food in the latin quarter. Way fun.
Today I have mostly just been working on home work but - I got to watch a march for marijuana rights, right past my window! and went for an amazing run this morning along cobblestones next to the seine. I ran to a big bridge by gare australiz where I crossed the river and could see a large chunk of paris rising to the side of me (including notre dame) I just thought to my self.. I am so lucky! (and actually said out loud (THIS IS SO COOL!) the girl walking in front of me gave me a weird look... but it was worth it. It was incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment