Tuesday, May 17, 2011






Mass at sacre coeur was really neat. It was really nice to get to witness people worshiping without participating so much. I would like to think that I have as much faith displayed in my face when I take the sacrament and listen to talks. Their sermon was about the good shepherd and how if we really understood that He is in our hearts we wouldn't make as many poor choices and would be more charitable with our fellowmen (that is what I got from it anyway). On a totally separate note though here is a CRAZY story... I was meeting other BYU kids at the church building so that we could go to mass at a big cathedral together. While we were waiting for people to arrive we started talking to the elders about people we knew who were in the paris mission. I had three names (Ben Coburn and Sean Decker from my ward last year and Jace Brady from my ward back home - they totally knew all of them it was super fun.) Then Elder Ellis asked if we knew anyone else in the paris mission I was about to say - "yeah actually there was a guy I knew freshman year who I played signs with a lot" but I couldn't remember his name and then as I thought that I looked at Elder Ellis and thought "and you know you look a lot like him". I was standing there staring at him trying to figure out if it was him when he finally said - "K this is weird but I totally think i know you." Then we both explained that we had hung out freshman year and I had actually given him and his roommate some really gross french bread (ironic huh?) and then when he had announced his call at tunnel singing I had ran over and told him how excited I was for him b/c of my mom going to that mission and everything. Anyway he was companions with Jace Brady and the whole thing was just so weird that he said he had to take a picture. So he grabbed his camera and then said "I think we can stand.... this far apart" So it is a super awkward picture where we are just standing with about a foot between us... HAHA!! Sadly I didn't also get a pix... but anyway....Small WORLD! I tell you... my life is just one crazy experience after another!

Well, Monday was also fun. I went to St. Germain which is a cute little town with a beautiful chateau thing that is now an ancient artifact museum. We looked around there, got lunch, hung out in the park, and just had a wonderful time. I had a great time trying to get a group photo by lying in the dirt and having pigeons flock around me... it was quite the adventure. Then I went home did some homework, and ate dinner. Following that we went to FHE at the institute which was super fun. Paul and Caleb from our group taught the lesson, and then we played the animal noise game. It was super hilarious, except when I was finally pointed at they said chien or chat but I was not sure which and so I just made an in between really weird sound and it was kinda embarrassing.... but its moments like that, that I live for because they make life exciting.... ROOF-MEOW!







Today I got up and studied some more for my 202 test which I took this morning and did alright. Then we had culture class where we ate chocolates - seriously my favorite class! and then photography.. following that we walked around the jewish quarter and looked in a fun vintage shop, washed our hands with magic softening salts (which most of us then didn't buy) and then I split a baklava and some gelato with Sarah. YUM!! WHAT A DAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment